East Tampa Academy provides high-quality school-age care to families while providing a safe and fun place that supports the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of children so that parents can work free of worries about their children’s safety. Before Care is offered to parents from 7:00am to 7:45am. Aftercare is provided from 2:15pm to 6:00pm.
Project Based Learning
Project Based Learning requires students to think deeply as they study and investigate a real world topic or problem. Students use knowledge from several disciplines to develop realistic responses to problems and develop models for new ideas or products.
At East Tampa Academy® project based learning does not focus on learning about something, it focuses on doing something.
Our students are active participants in the learning process, guided by teachers who know how to help students tap into higher order thinking and that has students producing a product, presentation, or performance that demonstrates mastery at the end of each project-based learning unit.
The unique advantage of Project Based Learning at East Tampa Academy® is that we intentionally design the following digital age competencies into every project, preparing our students for the demands of the workforce they will face:
- Information Literacy – locating, organizing, and presenting information; evaluating, analyzing, interpreting data.
- Problem-solving and project management – thinking analytically.
- Communication – communicating ideas verbally, visually, and symbolically.
- Collaboration – working with others to achieve a goal.
- Systems thinking – troubleshooting, improving, and designing a system.
- Cultural Literacy – appreciation of diversity.