Open Enrollment is January 17, 2020 – April 17, 2020
ADMISSION APPLICATION PROCESS
East Tampa Academy is open to all eligible students in Kindergarten – grade 2.
Open Enrollment for the 2020-2021 school year will begin on January 17, 2020 and close on April 17, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
A parent/guardian interested in enrolling a student at East Tampa Academy for the 2020-2021 school year must submit an admission application during the Open Enrollment period.
Applications received after the Open Enrollment deadline will be considered in the order in which they are received and may be placed on a waitlist behind initial lottery applicants.
We will not know if a lottery is required until the close of Open Enrollment on April 17, 2020.
Families who do not have access to the Internet or need assistance with the admission application should contact the school at 813-816-2100. Admission applications are available on the website, School Office or mailed upon request.
Parents will be notified on April 21, 2020 whether their child will be offered a seat for 2020-2021 or a lottery must be held.
Important: Submitting an admission application may not guarantee admission to the school. If the number of applicants exceeds the number of available spaces for any grade level, a random lottery must be held to determine the students who will be invited to enroll for the upcoming school year.
As a current recipient of the federal Charter Schools Program Grant, East Tampa Academy may establish additional application periods with clear beginning and ending dates, and additional lotteries may be conducted as necessary.
Have a question? Call us at (813) 816-2100.
Our mailing address is:
4309 N. 34th St.
Tampa, FL 33610
Florida law requires that a student entering Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2020. A student entering 1st grade must be 6 years of age on or before September 1, 2020 and successfully completed Kindergarten.
2020-2021 school capacity: 90 students in Kindergarten – Grade 2
Students currently enrolled at East Tampa Academy DO NOT need to apply. Parents should submit the Intent to Return form to the school by April 1, 2020
Intent to Return forms will also be available at the school.
INTENT TO RETURN – For currently enrolled students only
Students currently attending East Tampa Academy for the 2019-2020 school year do NOT need to reapply for the following school year. However, to ensure the school holds a space for the student, parents must submit the Intent to Return form to the school no later than Wednesday, April 1, 2020. Parents can use the online Intent to Return form or complete the form during drop-off and pick up times. Additional information will be provided to our current families.
Open Enrollment for 2020-2021 begins January 17, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. and closes on April 17, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. All eligible students who submit an admission application during this period will have an equal opportunity to be admitted, regardless of whether the application was submitted on the first day or the last day of Open Enrollment.
At the close of the Open Enrollment period, if the number of applicants is less than the number of available spaces, no lottery will be held. All eligible students will receive an offer letter to enroll for the 2020-2021 school year.
If the number of applicants exceeds the number of spaces available for any grade level, all students who submitted an admission application during Open Enrollment will be included in a random lottery by grade level.
Parents will be contacted by email on April 21, 2020 with one of the following notifications:
- No lottery will be held. You will receive an offer letter to enroll for the 2020-2021 school year.
- A random lottery will be held on April 29, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. to determine the students who will be offered a seat for the 2020-2021 school year.
- If a lottery is required, parents will be notified of the lottery results by email on May 1, 2020.
- Students who are not selected for admission through the random lottery process will be placed on a waitlist in the order in which their names were drawn.
INFORMATION SESSIONS FOR NEW FAMILIES
Learn more about East Tampa Academy
Attend an Information Session
Families interested in applying for the 2020-2021 school year are invited to attend
Dates and Times:
Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
East Tampa Academy
4309 N. 34th St.
Tampa, FL 33610
Parking is available in the back of the building off Chelsea Street, ½ block west of 34th Street.
LOTTERY RULES AND PROCEDURES
In accordance with 20 U.S.C. 7221i(1)(H) if, at the end of the Open Enrollment period, the number of applicants for any grade level is greater than the capacity, a public lottery will be held. If fewer applicants apply than spaces available, the school is not required to conduct a public lottery.
If a lottery is required, it will be held on Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. at the school. The lottery is open to the public. Parents will be notified of the lottery results on May 1, 2020 via email.
All eligible students who submit an application during the open enrollment period will have an equal opportunity of being selected. Preference will be given to siblings of currently enrolled students, children of school employees, and children of governing board members
As a recipient of the federal Charter Schools Program Grant, East Tampa Academy follows the U.S. Department of Education’s guidance on enrollment preference.
Enrollment preference may be given to the following students:
- Students currently enrolled at East Tampa Academy are not required to reapply for the following school year and are exempt from a lottery.
- Siblings of students already attending or admitted to East Tampa Academy.
- Children of teachers and staff, so long as the total number of students allowed under this exemption constitute a small percentage of the school’s total enrollment.
- Children of the school’s founders, so long as the total number of students allowed under this exemption constitute a small percentage of the school’s total enrollment.
Under the Charter Schools Program Grant, we cannot provide enrollment preference to our active military families.
(United States Department of Education’s document, Charter Schools Program Non-Regulatory Guidance, January 2014)
Any parent who is offered a space at the school will have five (5) business days, starting from the date the offer is made, to respond to the enrollment offer. Parents will confirm their intentions by accepting or declining the offer. If the applicant fails to respond to the offer within five (5) business days, the school must contact the next applicant on the waitlist.
Any student who is not selected during the lottery will be placed on a waitlist in the order in which his/her name was drawn.
Any student who submits an application after the Open Enrollment period closes or once all grade levels are at capacity will be placed on the waitlist in the order in which his/her application was received.
If an opening becomes available during the summer or after the school year begins, enrollment will continue from the waitlist. East Tampa Academy will contact the first family on the waitlist by phone and email. Families will have 48 hours to accept the offer to enroll. After that time, we must contact the next family on the waitlist.
CONTROLLED OPEN ENROLLMENT
In accordance with s. 1002.31(2)(b), Florida Statute, a child who resides outside the Hillsborough County that is not subject to a current expulsion or suspension may enroll at East Tampa Academy if the school has not reached capacity. East Tampa Academy provides preferential enrollment under its Controlled Open Enrollment Plan to students who reside in Hillsborough County. For more information, please contact the school at (813) 816-2100.
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year will take place after the student has been offered a spot and the parent has accepted. Parents will be notified of the registration process and specific documents to be submitted.
Starting from the day the parent receives the registration process notification, he/she will have ten (10) business days to complete the registration form and submit all required documents to the school. (Business days do not include weeks and holidays.)
Parents/guardians may register online or submit forms and documents to the school. Mailing address: Admissions, East Tampa Academy, 4309 N. 34th St, Tampa, FL 33610
Online enrollment is simple. After an applicant has been offered a seat and the parent/guardian accepts, please follow the three-step process to begin the enrollment process.
- The parent/guardian will notify East Tampa Academy that the student is accepting the offer to enroll for the 2020-2021 school year. Notification of acceptance must be provided to the school within five (5) business days from the date the offer is received from the school.
- Complete the online enrollment form within ten (10) business days of accepting the offer to enroll your student.
- Upload the required documents within ten (10) business days of accepting the offer. If you are unable to upload the documents, please bring the documents to the school or mail them to Admissions, East Tampa Academy, 4309 N. 34th St, Tampa, FL 33610
Be sure your child’s name is on all documents.
The following documents are required as part of the enrollment process and must be submitted within ten (10) business days of accepting the offer to enroll.
- East Tampa Academy Student Registration Form
- Birth certificate
- Parent/Guardian driver’s license
- Proof of Residence (two forms of proof are required)
- Current electric bill; lease agreement, property tax receipt; contract for purchase of home; warranty deed; homestead exemption
- Special education documents
- For students with an Individualized Education Plan (IEP), Section 504 Plan or Education Plan (for gifted)
The following enrollment documents must be submitted by August 1, 2020.
- *Immunization Form DH-680 (must be submitted before the first day of school.
- Physical exam form by any U.S. doctor within the last 12 months (must be submitted before the first day of school)
- 2019-20 final report card (photocopy)
- Custody court documents, if applicable
*No student can enter school with the required immunization form.
If you have any questions, please call us at 813-816-2100 or visit the school at 4309 N. 34th St, Tampa, FL 33610